Monument Valley 2
Following the success of Monument Valley came a completely new story set in the same fantastical universe. Monument Valley 2 tells the tale of a mother and child as they embark on a journey of discovery. The game allows the player to assist Ro as she teaches her child about the mysteries of the valley, exploring stunning environments and manipulating architecture to guide them on their way.
Monument Valley 2 drew inspiration from a variety of sources including mid-century illustration, theatre, toy design, and even confectionery. The end result is a game in which every chapter is unique, every sound is engaging, and every moment is beautiful.
Monument Valley 2 takes the player into a dreamland with colorful scenes in a tiny world where stairs, structures, houses are constantly rotating and changing continuously in front of players.
Players are tasked to guide the mother and son Ro in the adventure journey through the "magic" architecture, explore the illusory paths and solve interesting puzzles. Like the previous section, the most important factor is still the perspective. Try to turn the architecture cleverly to find new perspectives, new paths.
Dan Gray, head of the studio at two games says, ‘We wanted to find the perfect reason to return to Monument Valley, and the story of a mother who’s not only a parent but a creator of this world is a narrative we felt compelled to tell.”
Features of Monument Valley 2
- You do not need to play part 1 but you can still play Monument Valley 2 because part 2 is completely independent of part 1 and there are basic instructions in the game for you to get acquainted.
- The later, the more difficult puzzles, the mechanisms to adjust the path appear more on the same screen, sometimes can make you feel awkward not know where to start.
- Most stages have a tower-like design, with many construction structures that are artistic. The bright colors sometimes make players easily fall into color illusions, hard to recognize the true path when operating the gameplay mechanics.
- Programmers have paid close attention to every little detail of a character or scene. Every step or movement of the hat, each falling leaf flying helps players feel the vibrancy in it.
- Experience with headphones to feel all the tunes that stimulate the players' curiosity.
Immerse yourself in the fantasy world of Monument Valley 2, you have the task of manipulating on the screen and exploring the extremely "brain hack" architecture to help Ro and her children overcome challenges. This is a completely new and independent adventure with Monument Valley's first version, meaning you don't need to play Monument Valley before to enjoy the sequel.