IPTV stands for "Internet Protocol TV" and is translated as "Internet Television". This is a technology that allows the transmission of television programs through the broadband Internet.
Instead of receiving traditional TV signals or satellite signals or via cable, IPTV allows the TV to be connected directly to the Internet connection of the home network. It can be seen that the television service was integrated directly with the Internet connection service.
There are currently two main methods of capturing Internet TV signals. First, use a computer connected to the IPTV television service to receive the signal and then convert it into a traditional TV signal on standard TVs. Second, use a signal converter (set-top box). In fact, this signal converter only acts as a PC as in the first method. Of course, with the development of technology, there will certainly be TV products that can connect and receive TV signals directly from the Internet.
Besides, users can also witness the development of wireless IPTV television. This is no longer a prediction of the future, but it has become a simple reality of connecting to wireless Internet so IPTV can not be wireless.
FEATURES OF IPTV
- Integrated multi-service. On one Internet connection, IPTV users can use many different services at the same time such as Internet access, television, landline and mobile phone, VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), etc. Back to the user convenience during use.
- Highly interactive. IPTV will give users a highly interactive and personalized television viewing experience. For example, an IPTV service provider may integrate an interactive tutorial program that allows viewers to search TV content by title or actor name. Or the service provider can implement a "picture-in-picture" function that allows users to view multiple channels at the same time. Users can also use the TV to access other multimedia content on the PC such as photos or videos or use a mobile phone to control the TV at home to record a favorite program.
- IP switching technology Unbeknownst to most users, cable and satellite TV often send all the signals of every channel at the same time to allow users to switch channels instantly as we still see them. This leads to the waste of the necessary bandwidth.
- Family network. Connecting to the Internet in the home not only has a TV but also other PCs. This will allow users to use the TV to access multimedia content on the PC such as digital photos, videos, surf the web, listen to music ... Not only that, some TV screens are now available. Built-in ability to operate as a normal TV. All links will become a perfect home entertainment network.
- Video on demand - Video on Demand (VOD). VOD is the most expected interactive feature on IPTV. This feature allows viewers to request to watch any television program they like. For example, viewers who want to watch a movie that has been around for a few years, just do a search and take the time to watch or burn it to watch later.
- Maximum control of TV shows. VOD said it is also precisely part of this advantage. This is a feature that users will enjoy the most in IPTV because it allows them to have maximum control of television programs.
- High-quality HD television. The trend of high-quality content is now a reality. Thanks to the broadband connection, it can be said that only in the near future IPTV will only broadcast high-quality television. This means that users will enjoy programs with high image and sound quality.
- Watch TV online on phone
- Integrate with services of many network operators
- Freedom to set channel list as you like
- The stable transmission line, sharp sound image quality